Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June. June. June. June. June.

IT’S JUNE! Has anyone heard that it’s June? It’s June, guys. June. The best month of the year. It’s here! It’s the 11th! The 11th. That means the 15th is four days away. That means June is almost half way over. (or half way full-? ha).


I’m not really one for life lists or summer lists or goal lists, but every year I make a JUNE list. This year I decided instead of just writing down a list, that I would make a June door. I wrote down each of my June “to-dos” and taped them on one side of my door. When the items are completed, they get moved to the other side of the door- the “human na” side- which means “finished” or “all done” in Cebuano.




So what’s on my June list?
- Hike in Bountiful (It is so green and beautiful in June!)
- Hike Mt. Olympus
- Hike to see the wildflowers up Little or Big Cottonwood
- Go country or latin dancing
- Go boating
- Get a longboard
- Go backpacking or camping
- Play in a volleyball tournament
- Write my brother and sister on their missions
- Have a sleepover with my little sisters
- Make a friend a b-day present
- Make a friend a baby present
- Celebrate the two year anniversary of coming home from the Philippines
- Bake a delicious dessert
- Hang up shelves in my bedroom
- Write two friends serving missions
- Read one novel
- Read “Lectures of Faith”
- Get up every morning during the week to go jogging or do yoga and read the scriptures
- Cook a few meals
- Complete my mission photobook
- Memorize a scripture from the Book of Mormon every week
- Write or message someone in the Philippines every week

So it’s pretty ambitious, I know. How I wish there were more weekends in a month to get it all done! But it’s awfully motivating to wake up to those little bright slips of paper, just itching to transfer them to the much emptier “human na” door...

No comments: